Thursday, March 19, 2009

T Hirsch Beats Cushing


T Hirsch Beats Cushing- 1993 from Hoytnet_Vids on Vimeo.

My buddy and fellow Williston alum Tim Hirsch just sent out this video. This is converted VHS game film from the greatest game I ever played in. I'll let Tim set the table in his own words:

In Honor of March Madness beginning today, I thought I would post my own personal “Shining Moment.” The attached video is from circa December 1993. It is the highlights of the last 8 minutes of a high school basketball game between Williston and Cushing, two arch rivals, ala Duke-North Carolina. I played for Williston, or should I say, sat on the bench for Williston as a junior shooting guard who barely got any minutes. I am the scrawny kid wearing number 10. I had not been in the entire game and we were losing at various points by over 20 points. I enter the game with approximately 8 minutes to go, not having played the entire game and we were down by about 14 or 16 points I think. The rest, well, as they say is history, or as Luther Vandross sings so well, my shining moment! Enjoy! (the clip is about 2 minutes and 30 seconds- it is a condensed version of about 8 to 10 minutes of actual game time and a big thank you to Scott Ripley for his excellent editing and also a bigger thanks to the Cushing coach who gave me this game tape 16 years ago! ).

No comments: